Friday, September 14, 2007

 

An Epitaph In Progress

The latest contender for the epitaph for my tombstone (no, I don't know something that you don't about the sudden necessity for such a thing, although I do have a major surgical "event" upcoming): "Wherever I've gone, there I am."
That is a variation on one of my old editors' favorite lines: "Remember, wherever you go, there you are!" I've added a bit of a metaphysical twist to it (which my editor wouldn't have appreciated, since he was a strict Lutheran and was sure where he was headed -- if so, he's there now).
Of course, this latest one replaces my original idea: "Heaven must be a true paradise -- no editors!"
We'll see if the new one has any staying power (and if I do). Details at 11.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?